Saturday, May 4, 2013

May Stash Bee Blocks

This month in Hive 4 of the infamous Stash Bee, our Hive Mama is Candace from Saltwater Quilts! I love Candace and her blog and am so glad that she's all moved so she'll hopefully have some new projects to show!

She chose a modified version of Red Pepper Quilts' log cabin pattern in fun bright colors.

I came up with a paper pieced pattern for it but didn't think ahead of time that it is an 11.5" finished block--bigger than a piece of paper! Oops. So I taped two patterns together and just went at it.

I made six blocks, because I have a lot of scrappy stash.


I keep racking my brain for what pattern I would want to do for my month in November. Glad I still have a while to decide!

Happy Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. I like your blocks! Maybe I need to make some blocks like that...I have a very scrapy stash that needs to get used up and I've been wanting to make a quilt. We'll see. :)

    I nominated you for the Liebster blog award. You can read more about it here: http://thecollegeseamstress.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them Alison and you were so sweet to make 6 of them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!