I decided to use this pattern for one of the baby quilts I am planning to make this spring and I found out that one of the babies is going to be a girl so I went to work picking colors.
I've been hoarding these fabrics for along time, so I figured a cute baby deserves some REALLY CUTE fabrics. I picked different 12 fabrics for the 12 blocks and then there should be enough of the green diagonal stripe for the binding.
I printed off a pile of the paper pieced templates and finished four of the blocks today:
Using the directional stripe prints made some really cute blocks, in my opinion! It did take a little bit of extra thinking to make the individual units have the fabric going in the same direction.