Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Festivals, swaps, and incentives

Amy's Creative Side

Holy wow, I can't believe that the Fall edition of the Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted by Amy's Creative Side is starting in less than a month! I might have to put in some extra quilting time to get a new project done! I am thinking about entering my Twist of Lime Quilt. What are you thinking about entering??

In other news, I just put together the Flickr group for a Jelly Roll Strip Swap. Got orphaned strips from a jelly roll that didn't end up in your project? Cut one (or four) too many binding strips? Tired of staring at the remnants of a collection you've already made a quilt from? Then sign up and swap away

Details (the short version):
One spot = send in 40 strips and get 40 strips back.
Want multiple spots? I'm not gonna stop you!
Fabric must be quilt shop quality.
Strips must be 2.5 inches x width of fabric
Fabric can be from a jelly roll or cut accurately from yardage.
Fabric "due dates": TBA
Include a self addressed and stamped/prepaid envelope for return

Reader incentive:
So as a special giveaway for my rag tag band of loyal readers, if you are a follower that signs up (or if you sign up and become a follower), I will draw one or more people that I will pay for their shipping back. Because postage is crazy expensive these days, am I right?


No comments:

Post a Comment