Sunday, July 22, 2012

Rug Hooking

Like most 20 something year old girls, I have and love Pinterest. (Follow me if you so desire!)

Do you ever find an idea that you have to do as soon as possible? Like, every other day? Yeah, me too.

I saw a number of tee-shirt rug hooking ideas, and really loved the idea of a fluffy soft rug for somewhere in my apartment.

I've actually made two tee shirt quilts, one for me and one for my sister before we went away to college so I had a hat box at home full of leftover arm sleeves and shirt backs from that, so my mom brought it when she and my sister came to visit in June.

So the other day I made a special trip to Joann (it's coupon commotion, people!) to get a rug hooking grid.

I've been cutting my strips 1" by 5" and hooking every other grid square (it ends up looking like a checkerboard on the back).



So far I've only finished a few rows, but it is already very fluffy! Its is a great project for watching movies (and procrastinating on bindings that have to be done!)



Hope you had a productive weekend! 


1 comment:

  1. Looks fun! That will be great when it's all finished. I don't know that I'd have the patience for all of that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...