Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Five #27: While I'm gone...

This week has proved unexpectedly busy and I have not gotten more than 10 inches sewn on the binding I thought I would get done before I left today to go to a wedding with Park Ranger Boyfriend. Oops.

So instead, I figured I would catch you up on some of my favorites thus far from the Let's Get Aquainted Blog Hop Tutorials and some new awesome events/series/blogs.

1. Getting rid of word verification
I don't know if word verification bugs you as much as it bugs me, but Chrissie D put together an easy peasy tutorial on how to get rid of it on your blog.

2. Erin's Reusable Hot Cup Holders
So you don't burn your hands! I definitely want to try to make some as gifties.

3. Alyssa's All About Everything Quilting Series
This is great series about the ins and outs of starting quilting, sewing events, supplies, starting out, and all that other good stuff that just started. The schedule is here.

4. Em's Road Trip Quilt Along
I am having the hardest time resisting starting this, but her block color choices are just too cute. One for every state her family's massive summer roadtrip.

5. Jenn's Chevron Pillow
In case you aren't ready to make that gigantic half square triangle chevron quilt, this is a fun pillow.

In other news, I got paid today and bought FOUR YARDS of Kona White online for my upcoming projects. Holla!

And because you can't have a good post without a picture, here's a picture of me and Park Ranger Boyfriend from a few weeks ago.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Alison! I'm dropping by via Lily's Quilts/Small Blog Meet. I know what you mean about the binding - I never finish it fast enough. Cute picture with your fella!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...