Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Scrap Projects

Many moons ago (before I moved to PA in the summer of 2010) I bought this magical scrap bag from one of the local quilt stores (that has since moved away, sigh.). Since then, I have happened upon much nicer scrap bags, but this was nonetheless an adventure. All of the pieces were width of fabric strips, all of them less than three inches wide. I am still not sure how all of these little buggers were generated.

In any case, the time has come to bid adieu to the last of this wonderful investment.

To start, I took the wider pieces and cut them into the one inch strips used in my Cheery Quilt. This took up the vast majority of the scrap.


Before Christmas I made this scrappy garland to hang in my living room for the holiday season by printing out stars on paper, and "paper piecing" (aka, sewing fabric on until it covered the star). Pretty fun, huh?



And so now, I finished up the end of it with the intent to make tiny stocking Christmas ornaments as gifts. Next year, of course.



Now to figure out how to FINISH them so they aren't WIPs until Christmas...

Check out other works in progress at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. Your cheery quilt is beautiful and your decorations are very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!