Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Five #4: Falling for Fall

Well, it's been another busy week in the lab and that means I got zero sewing done. I also had a short visit during the week from the BF. And this weekend is going to be dedicated to finishing up my seminar paper and practicing my presentation for Monday. Sewing gets put on the backburner again. Boo.

But its Friday, so let's focus on that. Which means its my Friday Five post, which means that I have to have something to write about. Dang.

According to my sister, I should write every day. No one wants that. My everyday life is pretty dull. Lab. Lab. Lab. Sleep. But I digress.

The past week, the highs have gone from upwards of 80 to barely 60. Fall is in the air. I'm a summer kind of person, but I do enjoy fall. But these are the things I am looking forward to this fall:

1. Getting my seminar presentation over and done with.
Have I mentioned how this has taken over my life? Have I also mentioned that I am the first person giving their presentation out of my class? Yeah. So less than two weeks and its over! Can't wait. The day that it is over I am going to see Alton Brown speak on campus at PSU! Yes!

2. Sweaters
I LOVE SWEATERS. Cardigans. Turtlenecks. V-necks. Cable. Argyle. It makes my life. I can't help but indulge. And I'm nearly always cold so I start wearing sweaters (and leggings under my jeans) sooner than anyone else that I know. I've never met a sweater sale that I didn't like. Ever.

3. Fall Leaves
Who doesn't love watching the leaves change colors? Nobody. Unless you're heartless or a robot. But then you've likely got a whole host of other issues to deal with.


Fall at PSU

4. Apples, Apple Cider, and other apple related products
This is Dan's fault. There is always apple cider at his house in the fall. And it always hits the spot. Last Friday when I went to the Farmer's Market downtown, I bought a whole gigantic bag of apples to make apple crisp. I haven't made it yet (on the list to do on Sunday). But they had apple cider at the farmer's market and I was really tempted to buy some. Next week. It will be mine.

5. Anticipation of the holidays
Ok. Its mid-September I know. But I get home a grand total of 3-4 times a year. And two of them are Thanksgiving and Christmas. And I get really excited about eating meals that I didn't hack together myself, sleeping in my room, and not spending every evening alone in my apartment.

How are you planning to enjoy your fall?

2 comments:

  1. I'm planning a trip to PSU to visit my lovely daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alison! Happy Autumn! I love the Fall season. I relish the first Fall morning with a little chill in the air. It was yesterday here in NC. I made an apple pie. I watched the cats run around the yard high on adrenaline. I dressed myself and my youngest both in sweaters. I love sweaters, too. It's just like wearing a blanket - like being wrapped in love all day. Good luck with your school work.

    Have a super day!

    Jennifer Schifano Eutsler
    curlicuecreations.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...